Houston, Texas is home to several emergency veterinary clinics that offer specialized services for pets (including cats, dogs, birds, reptiles, small pets, and horses) in need of immediate medical attention. Some of the specialties offered by emergency vets in Houston include:
- Critical Care: provides comprehensive care for pets in serious or life-threatening conditions.
- Surgery: offers emergency surgical procedures for pets with injuries or illnesses that require immediate attention.
- Internal Medicine: provides specialized care for pets with chronic or complex medical conditions.
- Neurology: specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the nervous system, such as seizures and spinal cord injuries.
- Oncology: provides specialized care for pets with cancer, including diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care.
- Cardiology: specializes in diagnosing and treating heart and cardiovascular conditions, including heart disease and arrhythmias.
It is important to choose an emergency veterinary clinic that offers the specific services your pet needs, as different clinics may have different specialties and capabilities. Before choosing a clinic, it is recommended to research each one thoroughly to determine which one is the best fit for your pet’s needs.
Houston Emergency Vets Open Now
Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists
Address: 1111 West Loop South, Houston, TX 77027
Phone: (281) 484-9100
Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists is a multi-specialty veterinary hospital located in Houston, Texas, that provides advanced care for pets. They offer a range of services for dogs, cats, and exotic pets, including but not limited to:
- Dogs: Diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of conditions, including cardiology, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, and surgery.
- Cats: Comprehensive care for cats with a range of medical conditions, including critical care, internal medicine, oncology, and surgery.
- Exotic Pets: Specialized care for exotic pets, including birds, reptiles, and small mammals. They offer a range of services, including critical care, internal medicine, and surgery.
In addition to these core services, Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists also offers a range of diagnostic and support services, including advanced imaging, laboratory services, and physical rehabilitation. They are equipped to provide the highest level of care for pets in need of emergency or specialized treatment.
Veterinary Emergency Group
Address: 6300 West Loop South, Bellaire, TX 77401
Phone: (281) 999-1055
The Veterinary Emergency Group in Bellaire, Texas typically serves a wide range of domestic animals, including dogs, cats, birds, and exotic pets. They may also treat large animals such as horses, cows, and sheep in emergency situations.
Animal Emergency Clinic
Address: 7979 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77024
Phone: (713) 932-9589
Emergency Pet Care of West Houston
Address: 10575 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77043
Phone: (281) 656-3100
Westbury Animal Hospital
Address: 10460 Fondren Rd, Houston, TX 77096
Phone: (281) 498-5545
It’s important to call ahead and confirm the availability of emergency services, as well as the hours of operation, before visiting any veterinary clinic.
It’s also a good idea to keep the phone number of an emergency veterinary clinic near you on hand, in case of an emergency.